Need to know
NEED TO KNOW
Tuesday - Friday 9:00-5:00 - Closed Daily for Lunch 12:30-1:30
• Sessions: Most sessions are scheduled three to four weeks in advance. Availability can vary during peak seasons. A retainer fee is required to schedule some sessions. If required, this retainer fee must be paid at time of booking in order to reserve your session and is non-refundable. This can be done over the phone with a credit card. You may reschedule once, as time is available, with no penalty charge. A “No Show” for an appointment will result in the forfeiture of your retainer fee. When scheduling your portrait session, consider your child’s best time of day. The “window of opportunity” with children is very short. Let our staff know if there are particular things you would like to capture during your session. If your child is sick and not feeling well, please call the studio as soon as possible to reschedule your session.
• Viewing Your Portraits/Sales Session: Your portrait presentation appointment can take anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes. While it doesn’t always take the full scheduled time, we don’t want you to feel rushed when you place your order. Please be advised that the last 15 minutes of your appointment is reserved for processing your order. Please invite anyone who is a decision maker, and anyone who may want to order portraits, to your portrait viewing. We do not provide an image CD or proof printouts to bring home, so it is very important that anyone involved in the decision making process is present. Although everyone is welcome, some clients find it easier to concentrate on their portraits if they provide alternate care for young children.
• Clothing: The subject is the focal point of your portrait. Keep clothing simple and classic. For children one year and younger softer tones look best. Bold patterns and colors distract and compete for attention in the portrait. Don’t worry if you can’t find the perfect shoes, we love seeing children’s bare feet. For family groupings choose solids of the same shade or color with adults wearing long or ¾ length sleeves.
• Internet Viewing: This is only available for Event and Publicity sessions.
• Payment: One half of your total balance is due when placing your order and the remaining balance upon delivery of your portraits. We will not begin to process your order until that minimum has been received. For your convenience, MasterCard, Visa and Discover Card are accepted.
• Delivery of Orders: It is our goal to have orders completed within three to four weeks. The holiday season may lengthen this process. Also some custom albums and design pieces may take up to 8 weeks for delivery. You will receive a post card or telephone call to notify you when your order is ready. No part of an order may be picked up without full payment. We will not be responsible for orders left at the studio more than 30 days past notification. These orders are also subject to a monthly finance charge.
• Rush Orders: You may request to have your order rushed for an additional charge starting at $35. We will make every attempt to accommodate your request. This service is not available during peak seasons.
• Framing: A portrait is not truly complete until it is framed. We offer a variety of professional frames: designer, custom moldings, ready made, panel frames and image mats. Our staff is knowledgeable and is here to help you with these decisions.
• Copyright: Your portraits are copyrighted by Mitchell’s Photography. It is in violation of Federal law to copy these photographs in any manner, including by digital scanning, photocopying or other mechanical or electronic means. Copied images of this kind result in greatly reduced quality, which reflects poorly on the reputation of our work. Any attempts to copy our images will result in prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
• Pricing and collections are subject to change without notice.